Week 8 Fantasy Analysis
Quarterbacks - START 'EM
1. Matthew Stafford DET - Facing the NFC's worst pass defense, arm is healthy, and they have had two weeks to prepare for this game, I smell a HUGE day out of Stafford.
2. Jon Kitna DAL - Great chance for Kitna to make use of the play action pass as the Jaguars defense ranks 3rd worst in the NFL.
3. Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF - Coming off a huge week against Baltimore, look for Fitzy to continue the success against a week secondary in Kansas City. Chances are this game is a high scoring affair, so look for Fitzy to have a big day with Evans and Johnson.
1. Vince Young TEN- Young is going against the NFL's best pass defense and I believe this is a let down game for the Titans.
2. Matt Hasselbeck SEA- Seahawks will have to run the ball in Oakland as the Raiders secondary has shut down quarterbacks this season (other than that Rivers guy).
RUNNING BACKS - START 'EM
1. Beanie Wells ARI - Wells will see more carries as Hightower has a case of the fumbles. Wells should have plenty of success against a very poor run defense in Tampa Bay.
2. Ryan Torain WAS - Washington will HAVE to run the ball to keep this game close. Detroit has fresh legs and explosive wide receivers going up against a bad pass defense. Torain is a critical part of the Redskins game plan this week.
3. Jonathan Stewart CAR - Looks like D Will is out this week, which means Stewart will be the guy against St. Louis. In Stewart's career he has played in 13 games where he has had 15 or more rushing attempts, and in those games he has 15 total touchdowns. Expect a big day out of J Stew.
1. Chris Ivory/Ladell Betts NO - Saints ground game has no chance against the Steelers run defense.
2. Ryan Matthews SD - Matthews cannot block for Phillip Rivers, and now his touches are being limited, expect a minimally productive day out of Matthews as he will share touches with Sproles, and Tolbert at the goal line.
WIDE RECEIVERS - START 'EM
1. Blair White IND- Houston is the NFL's worst pass defense, and with Collie out and Houston focusing on Wayne and Garcon, White could be very productive.
2. Dez Bryant DAL - Jacksonville's defense is bad overall, Kitna will target Bryant frequently during this game and expect big things from the young rookie.
1. Kenny Britt TEN - Last week was a big time game for Britt, not happening this week against a Chargers secondary that held Tom Brady to 159 yards passing last week.
2. Mike Williams SEA - Williams has been a go-to target for Hasselbeck, but he is overmatched this week against the Raiders stout secondary.