Thursday, October 7, 2010
START EM/ SIT EM - Week 5
-Bye Week QB's - Brady, Henne, Hasselbeck, Batch
1. Eli Manning NYG - Playing at Houston this week, Manning takes on a Texans defense that is dead last against the pass (338 yards per game). With the return of Brian Cushing, the Texans will have more "pep" in their step, but this matchup is too favorable for Manning and for fantasy owners that can start him.
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick BUFF - Playing a home game against the Jaguars, one that many think will be the Bills first win of the season, Fitzpatrick has a favorable matchup with the Jaguars secondary that is allowing 304 yards per game (30th in NFL). I like this opportunity for Fitzpatrick as the Bills need this game badly, and the Jaguars are coming off a huge win last week against Indianapolis. If you are in a 2 QB league, or missed the waiver wire this week, Fitzpatrick is a good pickup.
1. Kyle Orton DEN - He is going against the Ravens defense in Baltimore that is only allowing 120 passing yards per game! I would be extremely cautious in using Orton this week, this is a bad game for the Broncos.
1. CJ Spiller/ Fred Jackson BUFF - The Jaguars are coming off a big win against Indianapolis last week and they won't be prepared for a desperate home team with big time energy going for their first win. I love Jackson and Spiller, I think Jackson will get teh most touches, but Spiller will be incorporated into the offense with screens, dump-offs, and tosses.
2. Cedric Benson CIN - He has been USELESS this season, under performing, and a let down. Not this week. Huge week for CED BENZ. START HIM, and expect a big game as the Bengals are in must-win mode at home following a very disappointing divisional loss to the Browns last week. The Buccaneers won't be ready for Ced.
1. DeAngelo Williams CAR - Williams will be going against the Bears stout run defense, and expect eight guys in the box at all times to prevent the Panthers ground attack from having any success against the Bears run-defense.
1. Hakeem Nicks NYG - The Texans pass defense is the worst in the NFL, Eli will be passing a lot in this one and he will be taking shots down the field. Nicks hands seem like they have glue on them this season, start him and look for a very productive performance out of him.
2. Lee Evans BUFF - This is Buffalo's week. I am expecting a big let down performance from Jacksonville, and Evans and Fitzpatrick always hook up with deep passes when they play in front of the Buffalo faithful. If you need a #2-3 receiver / Flex guy, Evans is your man.
1. Brandon Lloyd DEN - Against the best pass defense in the league, Orton will struggle to complete passes to his main target, and this will be his let down week of what has been a terrific start to the season.