Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Here are my power rankings entering Week 7 in the NFL:
1. New Orleans Saints (5-0) - Best team in the NFL, offense is tremendous 48 points per game against the NFC East, defense has been tremendous, and the quarterback has been flawless.
2. Indianapolis Colts (5-0) - Rams this week, make it 6-0.
3. Denver Broncos (6-0) - I believe in the Broncos. Great play from the quarterback, the running backs are playing perfectly into the offensive game plan for the Broncos (only 8 negative rushes this entire season), the special teams played great against SD, and the defense is sensational. This team is legit.
4. Minnesota Vikings (6-0) - Brett Farve, Minnesota loves you. This team is very talented. On the road, in Pittsburgh, this week will be a tough game, but a win will make this team so much better than they think they already are. Jared Allen is a beast coming off the end.
5. New York Giants (5-1) - Is Eli healthy? That is a concern in my eyes. This team is still very good, a small set back last week against the Saints.
6. New England Patriots (4-2) - Scary to think that Brady is back isn't it? Heading to London this week to face the lowly Bucs.
7. Atlanta Falcons (4-1) - This team has a lot to improve on to become elite, but if Michael Turner can get his running game going a bit, this team will be scary good.
8. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2) - Things don't get any easier this week when they take on the Bears.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2) - Big Ben played great against the pathetic defense of the Browns, but is this Steelers team battle tested? 4 wins against teams with a combined record of 4-19. The Vikings have 6 wins alone...
10. San Francisco 49ers (3-2) - Crabtree, I am pumped.
11. Baltimore Ravens (3-3) - This is a good football team, still. Perfect time for the bye week.
12. Philadelphia Eagles (3-2) - I did not predict a loss to the Raiders, that's for sure. Eagles, in my opinion, are still a good football team, but the loss to the Raiders leads me to believe that we won't know a thing about this team until they play the Giants.
13. Chicago Bears (3-2) - The Bears have to use Forte more to open up the offense for Cutler. If they don't run the ball successfully they will not be a great football team.
14. Arizona Cardinals (3-2) - Huge test for Warner against one of his former teams, the Giants, I think he will play well.
15. Green Bay Packers (3-2) - Aaron Rodgers needs protection for this team to have a chance to make a run at the end of the year.
16. Dallas Cowboys (3-2) - Coming off the bye week, can the Cowboys win at home against a very good Atlanta football team?
17. New York Jets (3-3) - Sanchez has 10 INTs on the year, tied with Jake Delhomme for worst in the NFL.
18. Houston Texans (3-3) - As predicted, the Texans took it to the Bengals. Can they do the same to the 49ers coming off a bye?
19. Miami Dolphins (2-3) - Exciting matchup against the Saints in Miami this week.
20. San Diego Chargers (2-3) - The defense is soft, Merriman is soft, LT is soft, but Rivers is very good.
21. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-3) - Balanced offense attack, horrendous defense, bottom of the middle-pack.
22. Carolina Panthers (2-3) - Jonathan Stewart looked good last week, that's a positive for this offense.
23. Buffalo Bills (2-4) - 5 interceptions for the defense, that will help you win a game.
24. Seattle Seahawks (2-4) - The Seahawks offensive line is hurting, they need a bye MONTH.
25. Kansas City Chiefs (1-5) - I couldn't pick them straight up last week, but I knew they would cover. Solid win for the desperate Chiefs.
26. Oakland Raiders (2-4) - What a remarkable victory for Russell and Tom Cable. Without Asomugha too.
27. Washington Redskins (2-4) - Monday night at home against the Eagles, who lost to the Raiders last week, Redskins will get toasted.
28. Tennessee Titans (0-6) - 59 -0
29. Detroit Lions (1-5) - Like I said last week, not a good chance to win against the Packers.
30. Cleveland Browns (1-5) - The Browns are not a good football team, but they have a favorable schedule shaping up.
31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-6) - The Bucs have a serious chance of not winning a game the rest of the season.
32. St. Louis Rams (0-6) - Competitive effort against the Jags.