Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Here are my Power Rankings for the NFL after Week 8:
1. New Orleans Saints (7-0) - Outscoring their opponents 273-154, the Saints offense can run and pass very effectively which causes mayhem for their opponents.
2. Indianapolis Colts (7-0) - Not a great win over San Fran as they were shut down in the redzone, and a huge test this week against a hot Houston Texan team.
3. Minnesota Vikings (7-1) - Great road win in Green Bay to go off on a bye week. This team has all of the tools to go deep into the playoffs.
4. New England Patriots (5-2) - The Patriots are coming off a bye week, I am guaranteeing a win bye double digits as head coach Bill Belichick is tremendous coming off bye weeks.
5. Denver Broncos (6-1) - The undefeated pressure is off of their shoulders, but they got beat bad in Baltimore and things don't get any easier playing Pittsburgh this week.
6. Cincinnati Bengals (5-2) - The Bengals are coming off a bye and play Baltimore this week. The Bengals can run and pass, but can their defense hold down Flacco and Rice two times in a season? I see a low scoring Bengals loss this weekend.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2) - I am predicting a big win in Denver this weekend, Big Ben and company are poised to make their current 4 game winning streak last a lot longer.
8. Philadelphia Eagles (5-2) - They lose to Oakland, get an unimpressive win in Washington D.C., and then embarrass the Giants in Philly...I still do not know how good this team is, but with a healthy Westbrook this week against Dallas, we may see a lot of mismatches for Philly's RB's and WR's.
9. Dallas Cowboys (5-2) - This is Tony Romo to a "T". Solid in September, October, and November, and then crashes in December.
10. Baltimore Ravens (4-3) - This team is on the move, I love this defense for their intensity and determination they showed and exhibited against Denver last week.
11. New York Giants (5-3) - Regroup and get back to running the ball.
12. Houston Texans (5-3) - I predicted the Texans to win the division with an 11-5 record, that may not win the division but I do see them knocking off the undefeated Colts on Sunday.
13. Arizona Cardinals (4-3) - Games like that happen, 5 interceptions, but how do they bounce back against the Bears this week, who are coming off a feel-good win last week against Cleveland.
14. Atlanta Falcons (4-3) - This is still a good football team, even though they lost 2 straight they still have a good thing going in Atlanta.
15. San Diego Chargers (4-3) - I am not sold on my preseason Super Bowl pick, but their defense looked much more intense last week.
16. New York Jets (4-4) - Mark Sanchez played well last week in the loss to Miami, had the Jets covered the kickoff's it would have been a blow out win for New York.
17. Miami Dolphins (3-4) - Yes the Dolphins have beat the Jets twice, but I still feel that the Jets are a better team across the board, plus the Dolphins are going to get beat up this weekend in New England.
18. Green Bay Packers (4-3) - They played well against the Vikings, but the offensive line is going to kill Aaron Rodgers before the end of the season. The cannot block anything.
19. Chicago Bears (4-3) - Very inconsistent, poor game planning, and not enough options for Cutler. That being said, they are 4-3 and still in a good position to make a run at the wild card spot. However, I see Arizona winning this weekend.
20. San Francisco (3-4) - The defense gave the offense every chance to win the game against the Colts this past Sunday, but the Colts came out on top. This 49ers defense will keep them in games, but can Frank Gore stay healthy and take some pressure off of Smith?
21. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-4) - Maurice Jones-Drew is all this team has.
22. Carolina Panthers (3-4) - The Panthers are too inconsistent with their performances each week, but if they get down early in a game and are forced to throw the ball, this team goes down fast.
23. Tennessee Titans (1-6) - With a new quarterback behind center, and a commitment to running the ball, the Titans are a scary team to play.
24. Buffalo Bills (3-5) - The cannot stop the run, and they have no offense.
25. Kansas City Chiefs (1-6) - The rest of the teams are bad, the Chiefs are coming off a bye and Larry Johnson is out, I like the Chiefs with Charles taking the handoffs.
26. Seattle Seahawks (2-5) - Hasselbeck needs lineman to help block for him so he isn't de-cleated every hit he takes.
27. Washington Redskins (2-5) - Not much to say here.
28. Oakland Raiders (2-5) - They occasionally show up to play football.
29. St. Louis Rams (1-6) - Thank god for Stephen Jackson!
30. Detroit Lions (1-6) - They need Calvin back fast.
31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-7) - 0 wins so far for the Bucs.
32. Cleveland Browns (1-7) - So bad... their fans are meeting with the owner.