Thursday, November 19, 2009
Here are my power rankings entering Week 11 in the NFL:
1. Indianapolis Colts (9-0) - Huge game against the Ravens this week, do they still have anything left in the tank after the emotional win Sunday night?
2. New Orleans Saints (9-0) - Not exactly the win I expected to see against the Rams last Sunday, however, any win in the NFL is a good win. I think they play better this week against Tampa Bay.
3. Minnesota Vikings (8-1) - Brett Farve has 17 TD passes and only 3 interceptions...Wow.
4. Cincinnati Bengals (7-2) - I am still surprised by how well the Bengals have played all season, their only let down was against the high-flying offense of the Texans. The Bengals defense should thrive against the Raiders this week.
5. New England Patriots (6-3) - What a performance out of Brady on Sunday night, that game was an instant classic. This is a very good offense, that has a defense that is getting better each week. But, Coach Belichick clearly does not trust the defense.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) - The Steelers never got it going on offense against the Bengals. In order for Pittsburgh to make a deep playoff run this year, they have to commit their offense to the running game.
7. Arizona Cardinals (6-3) - I believe in this team. The defense turns it on in the big games, but primarily they just rely on Kurt Warner's arm. And the arm is working just fine.
8. San Diego Chargers (6-3) - Big game against a desperate Broncos team. Kyle Orton's health is the key in that matchup.
9. Dallas Cowboys (6-3) - Major let down against the Packers. Offensively they need to run the ball more consistently and stop putting everything in Tony Romo's hands.
10. Philadelphia Eagles (5-4) - The Eagles are the most feared team in the NFC come playoff time, but, with redzone efficiency problems, the playoffs are not guaranteed for this Eagles team that still plays the Bears, Giants, Cowboys, Broncos, and 49ers.
11. New York Giants (5-4) - The Giants will have a tough game this week against the Falcons, but I think they get their stuff back on the right path.
12. Houston Texans (5-4) - This Texans team showed me a lot in the loss to Indianapolis. With a bye week to prepare for Monday nights matchup against Tennessee, I expect Matt Schaub to light up the Titans secondary.
13. Denver Broncos (6-3) - A major injury concern with Kyle Orton's ankle, cost them the game in Washington last week, and I believe it will cost them the game this week against San Diego even if Orton is able to go.
14. Baltimore Ravens (5-4) - An unimpressive win on Monday night, not exactly the type of game you want to have the week before you play the best team in football this week.
15. Carolina Panthers (4-5) - With a difficult schedule from here on out I find it tough for the Panthers to win more than 9 games, but with Delhomme passing the ball well the past three games, this offense is no longer one dimensional.
16. Atlanta Falcons (5-4) - The Falcons need Matt Ryan to step up during the time Michael Turner will have to sit out due to his injury.
17. Green Bay Packers (5-4) - The win against Dallas was huge for Rodgers, and huge for the organization. Another test this week against the 49ers.
18. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-4) - I think the Jaguars are a stone-cold-lead-pipe-LOCK to win big this week at home against Buffalo.
19. San Francisco 49ers (4-5) - The 49ers have the defense to keep them in games, but their offense needs to be able to pass the ball effectively in order to give them a chance to win games.
20. Chicago Bears (4-5) - Eagles come to town this week, that does not bode well for Bear fans.
21. Miami Dolphins (4-5) - Ronnie Brown is done for the year, and so are the Dolphins.
22. Tennessee Titans (3-6) - Can they make it four in a row against Houston this week? I don't think so, but I believe it will be very close.
23. New York Jets (4-5) - Rex Ryan cried during a team meeting this week, the Jets won't be in the post season this year.
24. Washington Redskins (3-6) - Betts and Campbell played well last week against Denver, and look for them to fair decently against the Cowboys defense this week.
25. Seattle Seahawks (3-6) - No running game and a broken down offensive line is not a recipe for success in the NFL.
26. Buffalo Bills (3-6) - Head coach was fired this week, big time loss in Jacksonville on Sunday is my prediction.
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-8) - What a great effort against Miami, came down to the wire.
28. St. Louis Rams (1-8) - Would have been insane if the Rams were the team that knocked off the Saints, they almost did!
29. Kansas City Chiefs (2-7) - They lost Larry Johnson for the season and now Dwayne Bowe for 4 weeks...excellent.
30. Detroit Lions (1-8) - I am prediction a good week out of Stafford this week.
31. Oakland Raiders (2-7) - No comment.
32. Cleveland Browns (1-8) - No comment.