Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Here are my Power Rankings for the NFL heading into Week 10:
1. New Orleans Saints (8-0) - They did it again, coming from behind to beat the Panthers this time. The Saints are digging themselves a hole in the first halves of the past two games, but should be okay this week in St. Louis.
2. Indianapolis Colts (8-0) - They will not remain unbeaten if they cannot run the ball successfully. Peyton throws to Clark and Wayne only, and Addai is not getting it done out of the backfield. Even at 9-0, the Colts have layed out the blueprint, of how to beat them, over the past two weeks.
3. Minnesota Vikings (7-1) - Coming off a bye week the Vikings are at home against the Lions. Should be an easy win, expect a lot of Peterson in this one.
4. New England Patriots (6-2) - The Patriots didn't light it up against the Dolphins, but they showed that Moss still has it, and Welker is the best possession Wide Receiver in the league.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2) - Mendenhall has allowed the Steelers to get back to Steeler football. With a strong running game, their best passing attack in years, and a stout defense, this Pittsburgh team will go deep into the playoffs.
6. Cincinnati Bengals (6-2) - The Bengals will lose this week to the Steelers, but they beat Baltimore twice this season and Cedric Benson went over 100 yards rushing in both games. Believe in this team because they will be a wild card team in the AFC.
7. Dallas Cowboys (6-2) - The Eagles should have won the game, but Romo connected with Miles Austin for a 49-yard touchdown in the 4th to win it. The Cowboys only strong win this season is against Philly, but if Romo can remain hot this team is going to continue this winning streak for possibly 3 more weeks.
8. Arizona Cardinals (5-3) - A huge win in Chicago for Arizona. Kurt Warner bounced back from a 5 interception performance a week ago, to a 5 touchdown performance this week. Expect more of this from the old timer.
9. Philadelphia Eagles (5-3) - Better game management and this team wins against Dallas. But, the big win against the Giants, and then this tough loss against Dallas, is not the consistency you would like to see out of this Philly team.
10. Atlanta Falcons (5-3) - The Falcons still have Carolina, Tampa twice, Buffalo, and the Jets left on their schedule. Big chance to win 10 games.
11. Denver Broncos (6-2) - The Broncos are still a good team, but their quarterback is coming back to Earth and playing at the talent level he really is (about a 75 QB rating type).
12. Houston Texans (5-4) - A much needed bye week, but the Texans are very disappointed they are not taking time off after a win in Indy. Thought they had it, came up just short. This team has a potent offense and a defense that has played terrific the past 5 weeks. Time off should only help.
13. San Diego Chargers (5-3) - The Chargers are coming back quickly, can they continue their hot streak at home against Philly this week? I don't think so.
14. New York Giants (5-4) - A much needed bye week for the G-men after losing 4 straight. Coughlin will have these guys prepared for the falcons in Week 11.
15. Baltimore Ravens (4-4) - The defense and offense will step up and give this team a chance to make the playoffs.
16. New York Jets (4-4) - If Sanchez can be consistent and play clean football this team is going to win some games. Their defense is well rested and Thomas Jones has been running the ball great this season. Unfortunately, 4-4 does not make much of his success.
17. Miami Dolphins (3-5) - Their ground game is tremendous and will keep them in games all season. Their defense plays with heart, and I still think this team can have an 8-8 season.
18. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-4) - Look at these guys sneaking up the ladder.
19. San Francisco 49ers (3-5) - The 49ers will be okay, Coach Singletary will rally his troops this week as they play his old team, Da' Bears.
20. Green Bay Packers (4-4) - What a bad slip-up game for the Packers. They need their line to protect Rodgers or else they are done for the season.
21. Chicago Bears (4-4) - Slowly slipping down the rankings, at least Cutler tried to make a comeback against the Cardinals.
22. Carolina Panthers (3-5) - The Panthers run game is in full affect...since all they do is run the ball.
23. Tennessee Titans (2-6) - The Titans are 2-0 with VY behind center, I believe this week makes it 3-0.
24. Seattle Seahawks (3-5) - The Seahawks played poorly against the Lions, trailing 17-0 at one point, but Hasselbeck rallied them and got a 12 point win for the home team.
25. Buffalo Bills (3-5) - Even though they were on a bye last week, I still feel like they lost.
26. Washington Redskins (2-6) - No Portis for a few weeks because of a concussion...Season just got "worser".
27. Kansas City Chiefs (1-7) - Chris Chambers was a great pickup for Matt Cassel. Look for these guys to develop a chemistry over the next few games.
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-7) - What an impressive performance by the rookie, Josh Freeman, in his first career start. Congratulations to new head coach Raheem Morris on his first career win as well.
29. St. Louis Rams (1-7) - S. Jackson is the only reason this team has any talent on the roster.
30. Detroits Lions (1-7) - Stafford throwing 5 INTs is not good.
31. Oakland Raiders (2-6) - The Raiders are funny to watch. I love ESPN's "Not Top 10" haha.
32. Cleveland Browns (1-7) - The Browns are in shambles. 1-15.