Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Here are my Power Rankings after Week 2:
1. New York Giants 2-0 - Best team in the best division in the NFL. They are 2-0 in the NFC-East and won in Dallas. Great start to the season for the G Men.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers 1-1 - They had the game won against the Bears. Without a consistent running game from Parker the Steelers will have a hard time keeping up with the Ravens.
3. New York Jets 2-0 - You bet I moved them up this far. What an impressive win by the Jets against New England. Say what you want about Brady and his knee, but the Jets won against the Patriots in the Meadowlands with a rookie QB. This Jets D is for real too.
4. Baltimore Ravens 2-0 - With a big win on the road in San Diego the Ravens have established themselves as a team that can shut you down defensively and put up points offensively. Scary.
5. New Orleans Saints 2-0 - With a road game in Buffalo and then home against the Jets coming up, let's see if the Saints can get to 4-0 before their Week 5 bye.
6. Atlanta Falcons 2-0 - They can score, Matt Ryan absolutely loves Tony Gonzalez. But, the loss of rookie DT Peria Jerry to a knee injury really hurts this defense.
7. Indianapolis Colts 2-0 - I am not sold on this Colts team yet. Their fragile defensive line was exposed by the Dolphins run game, and their secondary would have been even more exposed had Ted Ginn Jr. pulled down the catch at the end of the game on Monday night. Time will tell about the Colts as they have 2 tough road games, @ Arizona Week 3 and @ Tennessee Week 5, before their bye Week 6.
8. San Francisco 49ers 2-0 - @ Minnesota this week will really test their offense to perform. Shaun Hill is 9-3 as the 49ers starter dating back to last season.
9. Minnesota Vikings 2-0 - Cleveland and Detroit are not good football teams. Both teams actually hung with the Vikings in the first halfs and than lost it all in the second halfs. Let's see how the Vikings perform against the physical 49ers.
10. Philadelphia Eagles 1-1 - Get a win at home against the Chiefs and than get healthy during the bye week!
11. New England Patriots 1-1 - Without Welker in the slot Brady looked very uncomfortable. Back to the drawing board this week as they take on Atlanta.
12. San Diego Chargers 1-1 - I picked this team to go to the Bowl and win it this year! What is going on in San Diego?? Miami is coming to town this week and than they head to Pittsburgh. Watch out Charger fans this could get ugly if Merriman doesn't step his intensity up.
13. Chicago Bears 1-1 - Huge win for the Bears against the Steelers. Jay Cutler has a canon for an arm.
14. Houston Texans 1-1 - I am telling you this team is for real.
15. Green Bay Packers 1-1 - Where is the defense? Where is the offensive line? Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings have a monster week this week against the Rams.
16. Dallas Cowboys 1-1 - Ugly loss on Jerry Night in Dallas. Romo is all hype.
17. Tennessee Titans 0-2 - This is a good team that needs to step up their pass coverage. Tough match up this week on the road against the Jets. Could be a 6-3 ball game.
18. Arizona Cardinals 1-1 - Okay, they are back.
19. Denver Broncos 2-0 - Broncos defense is looking damn good and should have another solid week against the pathetic Raiders offense.
20. Miami Dolphins 0-2 - Their tough schedule gets much easier as the season progresses.
21. Buffalo Bills 1-1 - Great outing in week 1, followed by a great offensive outing out of Fred Jackson against the Bucs. Look for the Bills to run a lot against the Saints in order to win the time of possession battle.
22. Cincinnati Bengals 1-1 - Big win in Green Bay for the Bengals. Their defense played a great game putting pressure on Aaron Rodgers all day.
23. Washington Redskins 1-1 - Their offense is pathetic.
24. Oakland Raiders 1-1 - Whether the Raiders go 3-13 or 8-8 they will be in every game due to their defense.
25. Carolina Panthers 0-2 - Jake Delhomme is on pace for an 8 TD season and a 40 INT season. Wow!
26. Seattle Seahawks 1-1 - Hasselbeck has a cracked rib, he's out for a few weeks.
27. Jacksonville Jaguars 0-2 - Jaguars are already thinking about who they are drafting next year.
28. Kansas City Chiefs 0-2 - Matt Cassel has to play better to keep the Chiefs in games.
29. Tampa Bay Buccanears 0-2 - This is a bad defensive team.
30. Detroit Lions 0-2 - I think the Lions will beat the Skins this week.
31. Cleveland Browns 0-2 - They are not good, Mangini is not coaching well, and Brady Quinn holds on to the ball too long.
32. St. Louis Rams 0-2 - Nope...