Sunday, September 20, 2009
Week 2 Notes
- Drew Brees and the Saints went into Philadelphia and ran and threw all over the Eagles defense.
- Kevin Kolb went for 391 yards 2 tds and 3 ints in that game, he is not to blame for the loss and my bet is that he will start next week.
- Brian Westbrook went down at the end of the game with a high ankle sprain...bad news for Eagles fans.
- The Jets talked the talk and walked the walk as they didn't allow the PATRIOTS, the MIGHTY PATRIOTS, to score a touchdown. Rex Ryan has literally changed Jets Nation.
- The Ravens won a hard fought game in San Diego. The Ravens defense made the 33rd consecutive game without a running back going over 100 yards.
- 49ers win again as Frank Gore went over the 200 yard marker on the ground.
- Bengals upset city in Green Bay. Cedric Benson ran for 141 in the win.
- Washington wins 9-7 over the Rams. Ugly win. The Rams stink and so does the Redskins offense.
- As predicted, both Johnson's went off in the Texans-Titans game. Chris ran for 197 with 2 TDs to go along with 87 receiving yards and a TD. Andre had 10 receptions for 149 yards and 2 TDs. Texans win on a field goal with 2:55 left.
- Cardinals went to bed early last night, they had the game won by the 3rd quarter. Jacksonville made it look better than it really was by scoring two late touchdowns.
- Oakland wins on the road in Kansas City, Matt Cassel made his first start for his new fan base in Kansas City and threw 2 INTs in the loss.
- Denver wins big over Cleveland and is in sole possession of first place in the AFC-West.
- Chicago wins the nail biter against Pittsburgh as Pittsburgh kicker Jeff Reed misses two fg's in 4th quarter.
- Falcons win, Matty Ice throws 3 TDs.
- Bills win big at home over the Bucs. TO gets his first TD of his Buffalo career.
- Brett Farve throws 2 TDs for the Vikings as they get another double digit win. Detroit is now 0 for their last 18 dating back to last season.