Saturday, September 12, 2009
Start 'Em / Sit 'Em WEEK 1
1. Chad Pennington (MIA) - Pennington is on the road in Atlanta this week. Atlanta has a very week secondary to go along with a week defense. With Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams having success on the ground, the Dolphins passing game will be able to spread the field and have many options available. I love Pennington to Bess this season, I think those two will hook up for 6 in this game.
2. David Garrard (JAX) - The Jaguars always play the Colts tough. In order to stay close with Manning, Garrard will have to be able to throw the ball down field. This year he has a threat in Torry Holt and will target it him many times. Remember, it was two seasons ago where Garrard didn't throw interceptions, only touchdowns. I like Garrard to have a great Week 1 against the Colts and almost pull off an upset.
1. Cedric Benson (CIN) - I love the Bengals this week. Going against the Broncos who had an awful training camp on and off the field. Benson had a great end of the season last year and he will continue that this year. In better shape and running hard, Benson will get plenty of touches to have a good day against the Broncos defense.
2. Julius Jones (SEA) - Jones had a good preseason, and with the addition of Edgerrin James, he only got better as the preseason came to an end. Seattle will use Jones a lot in week 1 to allow the running game to settle in for this offense so they don't become 1-dimensional like last season. A healthy Matt Hasselback should pose enough problems for the Rams defense, but add in JJ running hard up the gut, and you have yourself a win in Seattle.
1. Kevin Walter (HOU) - Check his status Sunday morning as he may be out due to hamstring issues, however, if he is playing START HIM. The Jets will be doubling Andre Johnson all game leaving Walter in single coverage. Cash that check in and have yourself a day K Walt.
2. Lance Moore (NO) - Moore had a tremendous year last season in the fantasy football offense of the Saints. This trend will continue this year, especially this week as the Saints take on the Lions at home. Saints will do plenty of play action deep balls and many will go Moore's way. I look for Moore to be around 100 yards and a TD.
1. Eli Manning (NYG) - Manning is going against a Washington secondary that has too much talent and experience to get beat by the lack of threats the Giants possess. Hixon, Smith, Nicks, and Moss will have a tough time getting off the line of scrimmage let alone getting open. Sit Eli this week until he develops good chemistry with a few of these guys.
1. Thomas Jones (NYJ) - I don't like TJ against the Texans this week. With a rookie QB starting I think the Texans will stack the box to stop the run and force the Jets to win through the air. The Jets thrive on Jones and Washington gaining ground and then they look to throw. Tough matchup for rookie QB Mark Sanchez, sit TJ.
1. Roy Williams (TB) - The Bucs were 4th in the league last year in Passing Yards allowed, and 3rd in INTs. Williams will be covered all day by second year phenom Aqib Talib. Look elsewhere if you can for better fantasy value WRs this week.